SharePoint is a program to facilitate collaboration and content management operations. It is a central web-based system where you can handle documents, data, information, and social activities. It enables groups to create a password-protected and centralized space for sharing documents. These documents can be saved, download, and updated then upload for continued sharing. So, if you are looking forward to SharePoint Migration Services, this information will help you understand it better.
Features of SharePoint
Collaboration is the main feature of SharePoint which means allowing users to work collectively through various sorts of collaboration like social computing, business content management, web content management, exploring people skills, etc. In SharePoint, collaboration is mainly done by Apps. Developers can expand, modify, or create their own Apps for SharePoint as well.
SharePoint is also a platform that facilitates expansion, by a feature-rich model, a reliable collection of developing tools, and a thriving community of developers. You can also host SharePoint on a Virtual Desktop Cloud for better accessibility.
Versions of SharePoint:
SharePoint was initially introduced in 2001 by Microsoft and later these versions were created:
- SharePoint 2001: Microsoft introduced SharePoint Team Services (STS) as well as SharePoint Portal Server (SPS). STS with FrontPage offered collaborative team workspaces. SPS offered 3 features i.e., portal, search, and document management.
- SharePoint 2003: Microsoft totally transformed both STS and SPS. The new programs were based on .NET and shared a standard feature model. The modified STS converted to Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) and it is an add-on free license to Windows Server 2003. WSS directed on advanced security features and document management.
- SharePoint 2007: In the year 2006, Microsoft introduced updated editions of SharePoint which are a standalone alternative and one integrated with Office. This version served as one of the biggest progressive steps in the product line and this is where the software came into demand in the market. This version corrected several faults of the 2003 version but also greatly extended the core functionality of the program. New updates introduced InfoPath form and business data catalog services.
- SharePoint 2010: Version of 2010 introduced several unique functions, feature improvements, and general repairs to enhance performance. A few of the significant developments incorporated an improved user interface, better methods to interact with business data, updated workflow alternatives, templates with the use of wiki pages, networking and social profile features, a re-created customer editor, and extended support for a wider range of web browsers.
- SharePoint 2016: Microsoft launched SharePoint 2016 to improve the hybrid structure merging SharePoint Online with SharePoint On-Premises sites and incorporating the benefits in cloud technology.
Apps4Rent offers the best services related to SharePoint migrations with proper data maintenance and support. Additionally, they also give services related to file share to sharepoint migration and much more.
I am a passionate blogger and developer sharing business tips. I Help others solve programming problems on various online forums.
You must follow these marketing tactics to promote your business online.