As the name suggests, with the help of the Facebook group chat feature, it becomes easy to chat with multiple individuals, that too at the same time!
So, one can invite any of their Facebook friends into a group chat, and guess what, setting up/creating a group chat would just take about a few minutes of yours! How to go about it, is what we are going to learn over here….
Without wasting any more time, let’s now get on with how to create a group chat on Facebook messenger, that too in an easy way!
Method 1: Group chat creation using Facebook messenger
STEP 1 – Tap on the Facebook Messenger app icon to launch the same. Once you do, the Facebook Messenger home screen will appear.
STEP 2 – Now, tap on the “New Message” icon that is positioned in the top right corner of your screen. The New Message icon appears like a paper and a pencil silhouette. The Choose People screen will now be in front of you.
STEP 3 – Go about scrolling through the list of the people that appear on the screen, and tap so as to place a checkmark in the empty circle to the right of any of the individuals which you wish to send an invitation to, for a group based conversation/chat. As one goes about adding people to the group chat, their Facebook profile picture can be seen in one horizontal line, towards the top of the screen.
STEP 4 – In this step, you need to tap on the “OK” that is present in the top right corner of the screen, once you are done with adding all those whom you wish to include in your Facebook Messenger group chat. Once done, a new conversation screen will now appear for your group.
STEP 5 – Proceed by tapping on the “Name Group” so as to assign a name to the group created. You will now be able to see the Edit Name window. Give your group a name by entering one, and then tap on “Done”. Now your new group name will be displayed for your Facebook Messenger group chat.
Thus, you are now done with group chat creation using Facebook messenger.
Now we will check out the steps for group chat creation with the help of the Facebook website…
Method 2: Group chat creation using the Facebook website
How to go about creating group chat using the Facebook website? Here’s a step by step guide….
1. Log-in to the Facebook website using your Facebook account. Ensure that you log in with the same account using which you wish to send the group message.
2. Now, click on the “New Message” button which is present in the lower right-hand corner. You will get to see this below the list of your online friends. In the event that your list happens to be in the minimized state, you can still get to see the “New Message” button in the minimized chat window.
3. If one feels like adding new people to an already existing conversation, one has to tap on the Gear button which is present in the corner on the chat window. Now select “Add Friends to Chat”.
4. Include all those individuals with whom you are planning to initiate a group chat. Begin entering the names of all those friends who you wish to include in your group chat. Once done, you can now choose them from the list of results that appear while you type. There is no restriction on the number of friends that one can add to the conversation. It depends on you.
5. For removing a particular friend that you have included, click on the “X” that appears adjacent to their name under the “To:” field.
6. Now, type the message. Enter the message that you wish to send in the group, into the text field. Click on the Smiley button so as to insert an emoji. Likewise, click on the picture button if you want to insert a photo/paperclip button for attaching a file that is present on your computer.
7. Sending the message For sending a message to the recipients, press on either the “Enter” or the “Return”. This will initiate a group conversation. The replies made by the people in the group can be viewed by everyone.
That’s all, you are now all set with the group chat.
Digital Marketing Courses in Pune or the ones in your city is where one can master the craft of using social media platforms for business marketing. So, search and lookout for a suitable course if interested.
As an add-on, let’s now check out some of the benefits of having Facebook groups. Especially for a business!
Facilitates engagement at a personal level
The majority of the consumers are not interested and willing to join a conversation on a business post. However, if it happens to be under a group setting, that space gets removed. That’s where one can get more personal. An individual happens to be the face behind such a group as against a company logo or name. Not to forget that a consumer would prefer engaging with an individual rather than a company.
Get increased organic reach
Facebook’s algorithm is designed in a manner such that it prioritizes content from those Facebook groups that enjoy the high engagement. The more the amount of posting and interacting by you or your group, the more will be your reach as far as the newsfeed is concerned. Your key to becoming a star!
Trust building by offering value
In order to build trust, providing value is a must. Doing things such as answering questions, first-hand experience sharing, just providing the community, etc. enables strengthening of the relationship amongst you, your group members, and your business at large. Arranging Q&A sessions along with exclusive content creation for your group are a few ways in which one can bring in added value.
With a number of benefits on offer, hope that our readers will now make full use of the group chat feature from Facebook.
Meanwhile, for all those who are interested in acquiring Social Media Marketing specific skills, Digital Trainee’s Digital Marketing classes in Pune is where one can gain them. Join now!
I am a passionate blogger sharing business tips. I write primarily on SEO, Email Marketing, CRM, Marketing Automation and covers the entire gamut of marketing.