When promoting a site, many are faced with the problem of build high quality backlinks. For each type of link, we answer the following questions:
- Where to get links?
- How to use the resource?
- Why use this type of link?
Getting links with “natural” anchor text
First of all, let us look at ways to get links with the so-called “natural anchors” so as not to fall under the search engine filter.
“Natural” link anchors are usually considered:
- The brand name in the link and its variations. For example BLOGGING, LEADBLOGING, LEAD BLOGING, etc.
- Common words used in the link. For example: HERE, SOURCE, SITE, PAGE, etc.
- URL address used as anchor links. For example: https://www.leadbloging.com, leadbloging.com, https://www.leadbloging.com/generate-high-quality-b2b-leads/, etc.
- The full name of the page as anchor text. For example: “9 micro-layout schemes that everyone should know.”
To get natural links to follow the link building backlinks, we offer several ways to diversify backlink building methods:
1. Directories of links
Many say that directories have not been working for a long time, and links from them have no effect. But well-chosen, high-quality directories can give a good result. Directories can be divided into general and niche, paid and free.
General directories of links
In common directories are usually present all topics. Before registering a site in such directories, we recommend that you carefully study each directory and exclude spammed sites.
For each directory, write a unique description of the site, add a link to the site (in some directories you can leave a link to the internal page).
Why are such links necessary? Typically, these links do not give traffic and will not greatly affect the delivery of your site (indirectly, however, they will affect the delivery), but such links will dilute your anchor list.
Niche directories are directories of sites in which sites of the same subject are usually present (for example, only medical sites). Niche directories are good in that for certain requests they can often be found in the TOP20 of Google’s issuance.
Just as for general directories, we write a unique description and insert a link to the site.
Why are such links necessary? As mentioned above, such links can lead to traffic and have a good effect on site ranking.
Both general and niche site directories are paid and free. Usually, they differ in that they will add your site to the paid directory as soon as you pay (not always). In addition, they offer an extended description.
2. Press Releases
Press releases work well if you need to get a link from reputable sites. In addition, with proper use, with their help, you can perfectly advertise your company.
Be sure to insert a link to the company’s website in the press release, which, in fact, provides an information guide.
It is very important how the press release is written. The following factors will greatly influence distribution:
- News message: What do you offer new? How relevant is the news? Why did you decide to publish a press release right now?
- Title and a short description. The content does not matter if no one reads the press release. Pay attention to the headline – it should “catch on”.
- How the text is written. When you issue a news press release, do not save on text. Remember, this is not just a regular “article” for a blog.
- Write about third-party news. Self-promotion is poorly perceived by users. Accordingly, you will be less likely to get to the top news site.
3. Guest posting
This method is effective and gives not only link weight, but also transitions to the promoted site. A strategy is very important here. Many still use this method to affix an anchor link with a keyword, but Google has long learned to identify such links. We recommend using only “natural anchors”.
How it works?
- Look for authoritative blogs on your subject and see what style they write.
- Write on your blog an interesting article in the same style.
- Contact the authors of the blogs (the most difficult stage – often the authors do not respond to ordinary letters, so you must first contact them).
- Invite authors to write an article about your company (or write it yourself). In the article, we put either a branded link to ourselves or a direct URL.
- Bloggers usually ask for money for linking, but if you have a really good article, you can get the link for free.
- Articles from authoritative blogs are very often shared, so if everything is well done, you can get a huge number of links using one single, but good article.
Getting links based on the dissemination of information
4. 1-800 directories
If you have a toll-free number 1-800- …, be sure to use the appropriate site directories, like http://www.800-numbers.net/, to get a backlink to the site.
5. Blog aggregators
Blog aggregators collect the best blogs from the Internet. If your blog manages to get to such a site, good traffic is guaranteed. The only problem is how to build backlinks to your website.
Do an analysis of the blogs in your niche and determine what needs to be done in order to get into the blog aggregators.
6. Company listings
Adding a company website to listings is more suitable for local promotion.
Using the service https://moz.com/local we look where you are not registered yet. Then, go register. There are many such services in the USA.
As a result: we improve the site’s position in local issuance, we get traffic and calls from listings.
7. Adding PDF directories
Surely, your site has useful material for visitors. Make it beautifully in the form of PDF files, add to the site so that it can be easily downloaded. Then – distribute directories on special sites.
In the end: You have beautifully designed content on the site in PDF format (if done correctly, then PDF can go to the TOP by low-frequency queries), links to your site with PDF directories. These links will greatly dilute your link profile if you do this all the time.
8. Distribution of infographics
Over the past year, infographics have become a popular method of promoting goods and services. The mechanism of work is as follows:
- To begin with, analyze what is already on your subject;
- See what can be improved;
- Prepare the material;
- Do a good design;
- Publish infographics on your blog;
- Distribute on sites for publishing infographics.
9. Adding CSS directories
There are many CSS galleries, as well as directories where you can add your site (provided, of course, that you have a really good design).
As a result: We get backlinks to the site, we dilute the link profile.
10. Adding to the design directory
Similarly, you can add a site to the design directory. Get a backlink and improve your link profile.
11. Sites – startup directories
Such directories are suitable for new sites. If you are launching a new site, then this is perfect, since at the initial stage you can get normal traffic.
In the end: Get backlinks and traffic.
12. Links from Event sites
This method is not heavily used, although its effectiveness is on par with press releases. You can get a good number of backlinks.
If an event has occurred in your company, share it, you will receive links and you will attract traffic.
13. Links from.EDU and.GOV sites
It is known that links from .edu and .gov sites are very much appreciated by search engines. On forums, they do offer accommodation on such sites, but usually, this can be done without intermediaries.
The main thing is to find people (employees of state and educational institutions) who can help with the placement of the link. Build relationships with such people, and then negotiate. In the future for other projects, you can collaborate with them.
If you place links through an intermediary, it turns out to be more expensive, and over time, this difference will make itself felt.
14. Links from WEB2.0 sites
There are a lot of such sites. There are more than 200 only normal ones.
We register on them, create a unique template for each of your site (this is quickly done by the platform). We post unique content.
It is important to constantly maintain such sites, upgrade them and correctly put down links to the main site. It takes time, but, in general, with WEB2.0 sites you can easily get thematic backlinks, even with a small budget.
About the author
Melisa Marzett is an SEO specialist and a content writer with much of an experience who is currently writing for http://resumeperk.com. She is also a traveler who enjoys discovering new things, meeting new people and constant self-development.
I am a passionate blogger and developer sharing business tips. I Help others solve programming problems on various online forums.
You must follow these marketing tactics to promote your business online.